The council is currently updating the existing Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicle Licensing Policy and Guidance Document which has been in force since 2015.
For ease of reference all text in red type is proposed additions/amendments to the existing policy and the text in black type is as per the existing policy. View draft policy
The key amendments and revisions include:
- The requirement to undertake a training course entitled “Safeguarding Vulnerable People in Partnership with the Transport Sector” within 12 months of the grant of a Hackney Carriage/Private Hire Driver’s badge (Bullet 3.6)
- The introduction of the National Register of Taxi Licence Revocations and Refusals (known as NR3) (Bullet 4)
- The requirement for all drivers to subscribe to the Disclosure and Barring Update Service following the issue of their next Enhanced DBS certificate which will allow the council to undertake additional online checks if required and prevent any driver from being out of work due to the certificate not arriving prior to expiration of their current badge. (Bullet 6.3)
- Maximum age limit for a new vehicle to be licensed to be increased from 5 years to 6 years, for wheelchair accessible vehicles only, provided the vehicle has travelled less than 50,000 miles (Bullet 8.6)
- No Operator’s Licence will be issued for premises that are located outside of the Amber Valley area (Bullet 11)
- Procedures for the retention of records in respect of sub-contracting across licensing boundaries in response to the Deregulation Act 2015 (Bullet 11.3)
- All operators must subscribe to the Disclosure and Barring Update Service following the issue of their next Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (Bullet 11.4)
- Lifting equipment and ramps in wheelchair accessible vehicles must always remain in the vehicle and be clearly marked with permanent marker as to which vehicle they belong too. (Bullet 11.9)
- Defined procedures and quality standards for vehicle licence extension requests to enable a licensed vehicle to remain on the fleet beyond the maximum age of 10 years (Appendix D).
Hard copies are available to collect from the taxi reception area of the council’s offices at the Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley or an electronic version can be sent to you upon request by contacting the licensing section on 01773 841637.
The consultation period for this draft policy will run from 21 March 2019 to 2 May 2019.
If you have any comments to make on the revised policy, please put them in writing to:
Amber Valley Borough Council
or via email to email@example.com to arrive no later than 4.30pm on 2 May 2019.
Need further help or information?
Contact the team directly on 01773 841637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org